University of Mysore in Karnataka
Updated on: Mar 7, 2013
University of Mysore is located in Mysore, Karnataka. It was founded by the then Maharaja of Mysore on July 27, 1916. The main campus of the University was created in 1960. University of Mysore was declared as an autonomous body on 3rd March, 1956, by the University Grants Commission (UGC). It has been accorded with A+ status by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, an autonomous body of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Currently, the University has 122 affiliated colleges and 5 Constituent Colleges. Also, the University has 37 post graduate departments, 8 specialized research & training centres, and 2 post graduate centres. About 55 regular course as well as a number of employment-oriented diploma courses and certificate programmes are being offered by the University.
The University offers 55 regular academic programmes as well as a number of employment-oriented diploma courses and certificate programmes. It has established several affiliated colleges and constituent colleges besides postgraduate departments, specialized research and training centres and postgraduate centres.
The University has introduced courses such as M Sc in physics, chemistry, and biochemistry. It has established collaborations with various Chinese universities for resource sharing and training in information technology education.
The Campus spans over an area of 739 acres at the western end of the Kukkarahalli Lake. The Headquarters of the University is the Crawford Hall, which is located right across the Kukkarahalli lake on the eastern end. The University is well equipped with infrastructure and facilities for curricular and co-curricular activities.
- International Centre
- Placement Centre
- Folklore Museum
- Health Centre
- Day Care Centre
- University Computer Center
- UGC-CSIR (NET) Coaching Centre
- University-Industry Interaction Cell
- Students Employment Information Guidance Bureau
For further information related to University of Mysore, click on the links provided below: